TARGET GPA & WORK EXPERIENCE
- GPA: 3.0 or better
- Minimum two years of professional work experience completed post-undergraduate degree, with five years of experience preferred.
- GMAT/GRE test scores not required to apply to the Online MBA
If you have questions about these guidelines, please contact Rebecca McGill, Associate Director of MBA Recruiting, at email@example.com or 703-538-8497.
To complete and submit your application, the following application materials are required:
- Completed online application form
- Current resume
- A scanned copy of official transcripts from all universities or colleges, where a degree was conferred
- Virginia Tech alumni do not need to submit official transcripts
- Students with degrees from universities outside the U.S. will need to submit a report from a credential evaluation service and a translation into English if necessary. See additional details on the Apply Now page.
- Two letters of recommendation sent electronically
- One essay
- Option One: The global pandemic in 2020-2021 was a collective, shared experience that saw people displaying great acts of kindness and courage yet also brought with it a large division in the United States. What examples of leadership would you cite during that time as being positive contributors to people’s lives and how might you incorporate those traits into your professional life to exemplify the Virginia Tech motto, Ut Prosim, That I May Serve? (300 words)
- Option Two: InclusiveVT is a commitment to a more just and inclusive world, starting at Virginia Tech. What have you learned or experienced about inclusion and diversity over the last year? Describe an effort or action you have taken as a leader to help create a welcoming and affirming place at work or within your community. (300 words) skills, and your leadership style, as a result of COVID-19?
- Optional statement
- Please feel free to submit a statement that includes any additional information you believe would be helpful to the committee regarding your academic or professional history. This may include an explanation of academic issues, employment gaps, or to highlight academic, personal, or professional accomplishments that will strengthen your application.
- 2-minute video
- Please submit a two-minute video in which you tell us something about yourself or your experiences that we would not learn from reviewing your other application materials. A video produced via mobile phone is sufficient.
- Academic and professional goals statement (as required for all Virginia Tech graduate students)
- Applicants are asked to provide a 1 - 2 page, double-spaced personal statement that adresses why you are pursuing a graduate degree, why at Virginia Tech, and why now.
- TOEFL, if necessary
- A non-refundable $75 application fee
After an initial review of your completed application, you may be invited to a 20-minute interview via Zoom with the Director of MBA Programs
Please note that GMAT/GRE test scores are not required to apply to the Online MBA program.
Completed OMBA applications will be reviewed in three rounds. Our application deadlines for the July 2022 cohort are as follows:
|Deadline||Application Deadline||Admission Decision Sent By|
|Round 1||December 1st, 2021||January 7th, 2022|
|Round 2||January 31st, 2022||February 18th, 2022|
|Round 3||April 15th, 2022||May 6th, 2022|
Please note that your application must be completed by the stated deadline for each round. After each round, an admission decision (i.e. accept, reject, or move to next round) will be made on all completed applications. Applications that are missing materials (including copies of official transcripts and letters of recommendation) will be reviewed in the following round.
Please note that we encourage early application as scholarship availability is greatest at the beginning of the review cycle. All applications are automatically considered for a scholarship. We encourage you to review the scholarship information found here for more information regarding scholarship awards.
All admissions decisions will be final at the conclusion of Round 3.
View Virginia Tech's academic calendar to see the date classes start for current and future academic years. Please note that the Online MBA program starts with the Virginia Tech Summer II session.