The Executive MBA program will not be seating a cohort for Fall 2022. Please contact Rebecca McGill, Associate Director of MBA Recruiting, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 538-8497 to discuss which alternate program format may be right for you.
Admissions criteria for the Executive MBA program are based on a comprehensive review of the applicant's professional work experience, academic performance, and personal goals. Applications are reviewed on an individual basis.
The majority of applicants have:
- More than 10 years of professional work experience
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university
To complete and submit your application, the following application materials are required:
- Completed online application form
- Current resume
- A scanned copy of official transcripts from all universities or colleges where a degree was conferred
- Virginia Tech alumni do not need to submit official transcripts
- Students with degrees from universities outside the U.S. will need to submit a report from a credential evaluation service and a translation into English if necessary. See additional information for international students in the next section.
- Two letters of recommendation (one from current supervisor) sent electronically
- Two essays
- Prompt One: The global pandemic in 2020-2021 was a collective, shared experience that saw people displaying great acts of kindness and courage yet also brought with it a large division in the United States. What examples of leadership would you cite during that time as being positive contributors to people’s lives and how might you incorporate those traits into your professional life to exemplify the Virginia Tech motto, Ut Prosim, That I May Serve? (300 words)
- Prompt Two: InclusiveVT is a commitment to a more just and inclusive world, starting at Virginia Tech. What have you learned or experienced about inclusion and diversity over the last year? Describe an effort or action you have taken as a leader to help create a welcoming and affirming place at work or within your community. (300 words)
- Academic and professional goals statement (as required for all Virginia Tech graduate students)
- Applicants are asked to provide a 1 - 2 page, double-spaced personal statement that adresses why you are pursuing a graduate degree, why at Virginia Tech, and why now.
- TOEFL, if necessary. See additional information for international students in the next section.
- A non-refundable $90 application fee
After an initial review of your completed application, you may be invited to an interview with the program director. All interviews are currently taking place via Zoom. Please note that GMAT/GRE test scores are not required for the Executive MBA program.
- Students with undergraduate degrees from universities outside the U.S. should also submit a report from a credential evaluation service that converts grades into a grade point average (GPA) with a course by course break down of their degree. The university will accept evaluations done by any credentialing agency listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services web site.
- TOEFL scores are required of all international students whose first language is not English, except those applicants who have graduated from an accredited university where English is the language of instruction (must be confirmed by transcript evaluation) or are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. For additional information on the TOEFL exam, please visit the Educational Testing Service site.
Your online application, as well as all supporting documentation such as official transcripts, test scores and letters of recommendation must be submitted to the MBA program office by the application deadlines.
- Round 1 - January 15
- Round 2 - April 15
- Final Round - June 1
View Virginia Tech's academic calendar to see the date each term begins for current and future academic years.